The mosaic is a significant part of the Grand site. It has been unearthed in 1883 by Félix Voulot, curator of the Musée départemental des Vosges. Conserved in situ, this 232 square miles paved the ground of one of the basilica rooms. It is organised around a central feature, called an emblema. In 2009, it was restored to its original bright and fresh colours. The most significant objects which have been discovered since 1960 are exhibited around the mosaic.

Opening hours : 1st March to 14th November
- in March : 2.00 to 5.00 pm
- from April to September : 10.00 to 12.30 am and 1.30 to 6.30 pm
- from 1st October to 14th November : 2.00 to 5.00 pm
Closed on Mondays, except in July and August.

WWW.VOSGES.FR
SITEDEGRAND@CG88.FR

88350
GRAND
rue de la Mosaïque
Openning
  • From : 01/10/2020 to : 15/11/2020
Heritage prices
  • Adult (full rate) : 4
  • Group : 2,50
Free up to ( years)
    Languages spoken at reception
    • English
    • German